Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, August 27, 2010

Learning Serger Secrets

I am so excited to be experimenting with a few new serger presser feet. They were a birthday gift and I love them. I had been looking at and dreaming of them for months now. I started to experiment with a few this morning. I am looking forward to learning more about all the things that a serger can do.

A few months ago, I picked up a book called Serger Secrets and it showed all the different types of stitches some sergers can do as well as all the different types the different attachments and accessories. Once I ran across the shirring foot, I knew that was one attachment that I would make good use of.

After spending a little time playing around with the shirring foot and a tiny bit of tweaking of the stitch width and length; this is what I came out with. I am in love now. I see lots of gathers in the future.

Now I am off to dig through the Serger Secrets book and try out a few more of the presser feet. Yeah!

Hope everyone is have a wonderful day!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Now

clothesbarforbloghorizonal